Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Independent Online Booksales

I know that most indy booksellers online are still probably buying their stock from distros and not directly but I'm really interested in finding ones to work with and shop at.
Two that I found last month that really interest me are:
Brookline Booksmith
and
Haymarket Books
I'm making a point of avoiding Amazon or trying to work with individual sellers on there. Of course the Microcosm store is amazing too:
http://www.microcosmpublishing.com/
I think the big problem is that by its very nature Amazon meets the needs of most of us at a cheaper cost. But the damage it does is at least comparable to that of Border's and Barnes and Noble in the early 90s. And so, I think going with smaller specialty sellers is the road of the future for Sparkplug.

No comments: