Saturday, July 31, 2010

You Don't Get There From Here




I've spent most of my first month at Sparkplug scanning and creating pages for Carrie McNinch's wonderful autobio comic/zine You Don't Get There From Here. It hasn't been easy; being prone to depression myself, Carrie's work reminds me what a struggle it has been and is. With deceptively simple art, she has managed to capture the trials and tribulations of every day of her life for years and not be repetitive. I highly recommend this zine (and her book, I Want Everything to be Okay); it's been a genuine pleasure getting to work with them.

You Don't Get There From Here # 1 - 15 and I Want Everything to be Okay are now available in the Sparkplug store.

1 comment:

Sarah Hansen said...

YES! I love her comics. I'll be sure to fill in my collection at MIX.