Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Future of Sparkplug



Hello friends,

It is with mixed feelings that I must announce that I will be shutting down Sparkplug this year.  I appreciate the opportunities that running Sparkplug has given me and the wonderful people it has introduced me to.  I know Sparkplug means a lot to many people and I want to assure you this is not a decision I've made lightly.  It's become increasingly difficult for me to balance my day job as assistant manager at an art gallery, my own comics career, and Sparkplug.  I don't have the time to put into nurturing the press and its artists that they deserve.
I would like to express my gratitude to people who have joined and helped me on this journey, and everyone who has supported Sparkplug and me in the years since Dylan's passing.  You will always have a place in my heart.
My plan right now is to spend about five more months as Sparkplug - tabling at LAZF, Linework and CAKE - and then close up shop.  The back catalog will be transferred to Marc Arsenault of Alternative Comics - a person who takes great care in promoting older titles.
Until then, the online shop will remain open, with plenty of Sparkplug's wonderful selection to choose from.  

Again, thank you all.  It's been an honor to publish in this community.

-Virginia
February 18, 2016

No comments: