Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dylan


I have been having a lot of trouble articulating what I've been feeling the last couple days, but I'm going to try. Many, many people have written beautiful things about Dylan's passing. I urge you to read their loving tributes; everyone's perspective is slightly different, but all agree that there wasn't a kinder, more passionate soul than Dylan.

I don't know what to say about him. I feel like I didn't know him as well as I could have, even though I was his student and his employee. He means a lot to the comics community, as does Sparkplug. I'm going to miss talking to him about feminism, veganism and queer issues. I'm going to miss listening to late 90s emo with him. I'm going to miss him disrupting my work so we could talk, because he cared more about talking to me than he did about squeezing every last bit of work out of me. I'm going to miss him apologizing when I complained about being tired, and apologizing about everything else.

I was so, so grateful when he gave me this job. I hope he knew how thankful I am, and how honored I am to be his employee and friend.

I think that's all I have to say for now. My heart goes out to everyone who loved Dylan. Please let me know if you need anything.


I do feel like I should mention to folks who have ordered things from us that I am doing my best to get us back on track, but filling orders is going rather slowly. I've got some people coming to help this week and I'm going to try to get a lot done this week. Thank you for your continued patience. If you have any questions about your order, please contact me: virginia (at) sparkplugcomicbooks (dot) com

We are welcoming new orders as well, if you don't mind the wait. I'm not sure what the costs are looking like for Emily, but I think this is a good way to contribute.

Thank you everyone for supporting Dylan and Sparkplug.

3 comments:

Yumi Sakugawa said...

Thank you for working so hard on behalf of Dylan, Virginia. Lots of love

Emily said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will always remember Dylan for being very supportive to me and my fledgling comic career for the years I went to ComicCon, and for the beautiful comics he created and published.

Thank you,
Emily

chnws said...

This is a great blog